How to Get Ink Out of Clothes?
Having ink stains on our clothes while using an ink pen is a natural occurrence. It can happen because of different reasons such as writing with a leaky pen, allowing kids to play with an ink pen etc.
Removing ink stains is not a difficult process. There are different ways to remove ink stains. Some of the most effective ways to remove ink stain are given below:
- Removing the ink stains as soon as possible:
Stain like blood is very difficult to remove when it becomes dry. Same is the case with ink. Try to remove the ink stain as soon as possible. It would become really difficult to remove it when it becomes dry.
- Avoid rubbing the ink stain:
When we rub the ink stain, it will spread all around. And removing it will become more difficult. Instead of rubbing or wiping, we should use blotting to remove it. It will prevent the ink from spreading and remove the stain as well.
- Showing patience:
Removing ink stains is a long process. We should show patience during this process. Ink stain removers like alcohol remove the ink stain in a small time but other ink stain removers take a lot of time.
How to get ink out of clothes: a guide to remove water based pen stain removal
- Firstly, use the washable microfibre to blot the mark instead of rubbing or wiping the ink stain.
- Apply the stain remover and follow the instructions on the product.
- Place the clothes into the washing machine and add good quality detergent to remove the stain. Putting clothes into the washing machine is a better option than boiling the clothes.
- After all these steps, if the stain still remains then follow the steps again to remove it completely.
How to get ink out of clothes: a guide to remove permanent marker stains
- Use the washable microfibre to blot the mark. Avoid rubbing or wiping the mark.
- Alcohol is very effective in removing the stain out of clothes. Use the alcohol to remove it. If alcohol is not available then we can use anti bacterial hand wash as well.
- Never wash the stainable clothes with the other clothes. There are chances that these clothes will get stained as well.
- Air dry the clothes in the end to get better results.
How to get ink out of clothes: a guide to remove felt-tip pen ink
- Wash the clothes with clean water instantly to stop the stain from drying.
- Pour hot water into a basin and add a bleach-free liquid laundry detergent, such as GH Seal star Tide. The amount used to hand wash a blouse, plus a couple of splashes of ammonia, should suffice. Immerse the garment in the solution after stirring it. Allow the stain to soak for 30 minutes to an hour after rubbing it in with your fingers.
- If the stain is stubborn, soak it overnight, rubbing it occasionally. It will soon begin to fade. To speed things up, make a new solution or add a bit more ammonia. When the stain has been removed or lightened to the greatest extent possible, rinse the garment, rub in a little more liquid laundry detergent, and wash as usual. As with any stain, air-dry the garment until the stain is gone. A hot dryer will set the stain, making it more difficult to remove.